Flights from the
UK and beyond
The 3 closest airports are all about one hour's drive from the house. The airports are:
- Carcassonne: Ryanair from London Stansted, Liverpool, East Midlands or Dublin
- Perpignan: Ryanair from Stansted, or Flybe from Southampton & Birmingham
- Montpellier: Ryanair from Stansted, or British Airways from Gatwick
Other airports are 2-2½ hours drive from the house:
All flights are approx. 1½ – 2 hrs from the UK mainland.
- Toulouse: Easyjet or British Airways from Gatwick)
- Barcelona (Girona): Ryanair from London Stansted or Luton, Liverpool, East Midlands, Prestwick, Blackpool, Dublin or Shannon
- Nimes: Ryanair from London Stansted, Liverpool or East Midlands
- Barcelona (Reus): Ryanair from London Stansted or Luton, Liverpool and Dublin
Barcelona, Toulouse & Montpellier are all major airports serviced by most of the major airlines. Services to these destinations, direct or via London/Paris are available from the USA, Canada, mainland Europe etc. All of the airports mentioned above offer car-hire through Hertz, Avis or Europcar.
Rail and road
For those wishing to travel by ferry or Eurotunnel, ferries from the UK operate from Dover, Portsmouth or Folkestone. Travel time is around ten hours from Calais.
The journey by Eurostar and TGV from London Waterloo to Beziers takes around nine hours. A transfer from Paris Nord to Gare de Lyon leaves enough time for a snack in Paris! Alternatively you can opt to change trains at Lille and travel to Montpellier then take local services to Beziers. Avis, Europcar and Hertz have outlets near the SCNF train station in Beziers.
Road journeys, whatever your starting point, can be planned online at Mappy or on the AA Route Planner.
For details about booking and prices
please click below